As a former teacher for over 20 years, there is nothing I enjoy more than visiting students, educators, history buffs, and book fans! If you are interested in having me visit your school, library, or special event either virtually or in person, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am happy to share more detailed information about pricing and presentations, and we can discuss how I can best tailor my visit to fit the needs of your event.
Virtual or in person author visits can include:
- Book walks, author talks, discussions, and student focused interviews
- Lots of hands-on materials, project options
Sample presentation themes:
- Saving Lady Liberty: liberty, immigration, newspapers, crowdfunding, civic participation, Jewish immigration history
- Goliath, Hero of the Great Baltimore Fire: heroes, turn-of-the-century firefighting, fire horses, Baltimore history
- George Washington’s Spies: Unsung heroes, spy codes and trails (hands on spy stations), Revolutionary War, George Washington the spy
Sample author talks and workshops with students and educators:
- Digging for Treasure…the adventures of finding forgotten stories from the past and uncovering primary sources
- Whittling words…games that make editing fun
- How to choose and tell totally true stories for children today