As a former teacher for over 20 years, there is nothing I enjoy more than visiting students, educators, history buffs, and book fans! If you are interested in having me visit your school, library, or special event, please email me at email@example.com.
I am happy to share more detailed information about pricing and presentations, and we can discuss how I can best tailor my visit to fit the needs of your event.
I can give up to three talks in a day with a book signing session, or we can arrange up to two writing workshops or classroom visits in a day.
Author talks typically include:
- 45 minute presentation with 15 minutes of questions
- PowerPoint with lots of photos
- Lots of hands-on materials
- Student participation
- An activity or two from my teacher’s guide
- Focus on either George Washington’s Spies or Goliath
- Finding Hidden Treasure: The surprising thrills of researching and writing nonfiction
- Like Riding a Bike: What it’s like to be a children’s book writer
Student workshops can include:
- Direct interaction with students in smaller groups to work on a specific writing project
- Tips and techniques for how to make elementary researching fun
- How to write a picture book: choosing story, story boarding, editing
Teacher workshops can include:
- How to use nonfiction picture books to introduce difficult or dry material to make it more interesting for students
- Using nonfiction picture books with older or reluctant readers
- Bringing history lessons to life for students with activities and experiential learning curriculum
- How to help students write and create their own books
Click here for the Goliath Educator’s Guide
George Washington’s Spies Educator’s Guide TBA